The recent gorgeous weather has made me want alllll the pretty dresses! what's on your weekend wishlist?
Yes, my baking fad is still well and truly under way, so today I thought I'd show you how to make mint chocolate cupcakes!
A before picture, a necessity, I think you'll agree...
Preheat the oven to 190c or gas mark 5 - do this before you start making the cakes so it's nice and hot by the time you need to pop the cake in the oven.
170g unsalted butter, softed, not melted
170g caster sugar
115g self-raising flour
3 large eggs - beaten
1tsp mint extract (I use Dr. Oetker American Peppermint Extract)
55g cocoa powder, not drinking chocolate (I use Bourneville)
1. Cream together the butter and sugar, either with a spoon or in a mixer, until it's creamy and lighter in colour
2. Sift the flour and cocoa powder in a separate bowl
3. Pour half of the egg mixture and flour/cocoa in with the creamed butter and sugar and mix, then do the same with the other half. If you're using an electric whisk, expect flour to get EVERYWHERE
4. Once the batter has been whisked together, add the mint extract and mix again for a few seconds.
5. Divide into cupcake cases - for me this makes 12, but it depends on how big you like your cupcakes!
6. Pop in the oven for 15 minutes - or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Try not to eat all at once, you'll burn your tongue. (I speak from experience).
And here's an after shot! They taste yummy :)
If you make them, let me know!
I know everyone is saying this, but oh my goodness how quick is this year going?!
1.Benefit's Gimme Brow - I got this as part of their Bold is Beautiful project - they spent the month of May giving a free full-size Gimme Brow to anyone who got their brows done at their Brow Bars, to raise awareness and money for 'Look Good Feel Better' and 'Refuge'. A good cause AND an amazing brow product! Expect a proper review soon...
2. Barry M's Gelly Top Coat - I have tried so many top coats - including Seche Vite, and I haven't found any I'm obsessed with, BUT this one is the closest I've got!
3. Marc Jacob's Daisy Eau So Fresh - This is the perfect summer fragrance, I can't get enough of it!
4. Avon Glimmerstick Cosmic Eyeliner in Blackened Night - Like a normal kohl eyeliner, but with flecks of glitter running through it. I'm obsessed.
5. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in So Hap Pink - I'm obsessed with all of these, and this one in particular is so gorgeous. They last all day, and come in so many beautiful colours!
What are your June favourites?
I'll try not to leave it so long until my next post ;)
Hi guys, today I thought I'd show you a recipe I make quite a lot, lemon loaf cake!
It's based on a BBC recipe, but I didn't think it was lemon-y enough so I altered it a bit :)
225g unsalted butter (or margarine like I used)
225g self raising flour
225g caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
the juice of one lemon
First, heat your oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and make sure you have a loaf dish and some butter to line it with (and greaseproof paper if you want too.)
1. Cream together the butter and sugar, with a spoon or mixer
2. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then add them slowly to the butter and sugar, mixing each time you add some egg,
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder
4. Add the lemon juice and mix.
5. Line the loaf tin with the greaseproof paper and pour the mixture in.
6. Try your very hardest not to eat all the raw cake batter. I know it's hard.
7. Pop in the oven for about 50 minutes, or until a skewer (or fork) comes out clean.
8. EAT IT ALL.
If any of you guys make this, please send me a photo on twitter (@sirensandbells) or snapchat (sirensandbells)
With my makeup, I normally do the same thing, minimal base makeup, UD Naked Palette, They're Real Mascara and either a nude lipstick or a super bright pink lipstick. I did something a little different last week so I thought I'd show you :)
I plan on doing reviews of a few of the products soon, let me know if there's a specific one you'd want to see!