It's based on a BBC recipe, but I didn't think it was lemon-y enough so I altered it a bit :)
225g unsalted butter (or margarine like I used)
225g self raising flour
225g caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
the juice of one lemon
First, heat your oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and make sure you have a loaf dish and some butter to line it with (and greaseproof paper if you want too.)
1. Cream together the butter and sugar, with a spoon or mixer
2. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then add them slowly to the butter and sugar, mixing each time you add some egg,
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder
4. Add the lemon juice and mix.
5. Line the loaf tin with the greaseproof paper and pour the mixture in.
6. Try your very hardest not to eat all the raw cake batter. I know it's hard.
7. Pop in the oven for about 50 minutes, or until a skewer (or fork) comes out clean.
8. EAT IT ALL.