Sunday, 5 July 2015
Weekend Wishlist: Sundresses!
The recent gorgeous weather has made me want alllll the pretty dresses! what's on your weekend wishlist?
Thursday, 2 July 2015
Recipe: Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Yes, my baking fad is still well and truly under way, so today I thought I'd show you how to make mint chocolate cupcakes!
A before picture, a necessity, I think you'll agree...
Preheat the oven to 190c or gas mark 5 - do this before you start making the cakes so it's nice and hot by the time you need to pop the cake in the oven.
170g unsalted butter, softed, not melted
170g caster sugar
115g self-raising flour
3 large eggs - beaten
1tsp mint extract (I use Dr. Oetker American Peppermint Extract)
55g cocoa powder, not drinking chocolate (I use Bourneville)
1. Cream together the butter and sugar, either with a spoon or in a mixer, until it's creamy and lighter in colour
2. Sift the flour and cocoa powder in a separate bowl
3. Pour half of the egg mixture and flour/cocoa in with the creamed butter and sugar and mix, then do the same with the other half. If you're using an electric whisk, expect flour to get EVERYWHERE
4. Once the batter has been whisked together, add the mint extract and mix again for a few seconds.
5. Divide into cupcake cases - for me this makes 12, but it depends on how big you like your cupcakes!
6. Pop in the oven for 15 minutes - or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Try not to eat all at once, you'll burn your tongue. (I speak from experience).
And here's an after shot! They taste yummy :)
If you make them, let me know!
Blog design by